Written by Melody Thacker, Independent Watkins Associate on November 27, 2006
The holidays are coming and that usually means more company as family and friends visit more this time of year. And company means it’s time to do a little extra cleaning, after all you want your home to look it’s best! So here are some quick cleaning tips for the holidays.
- Plan ahead and don’t leave all your cleaning projects till the last minute. If you do a bit every day it won’t be overwhelming.
- Look around each room and see what really needs cleaning the most. Focus on those areas first, this way if you don’t get everything done you’ll will have the most noticeable stuff done.
- You can tackle each room cleaning from top to bottom or work on a specific area, for example all the windows, floors, walls through out your home. Find the method that works best for you and your family.
- Spot clean, if the whole thing isn’t dirty just clean the spots that are. Wipe finger prints off lightswitch plates rather than wash the entire wall. Dust for cob webs rather than wash all the walls and ceilings.
- Don’t forget to delegate! When you get the whole family involved you’ll be less stressed and they will be more likey to keep the house clean when they have been involved in the work.
- Purge, it’s easier to clean and keep your home looking neat and tidy if you get rid of excess things. Now’s a great time to purge before more “things” come into your home.
- Use a multi purpose cleaner to save time and money.
And last but not least, remember your guests are coming to see you and your family so relax, enjoy the wonderful company and have a safe and happy holiday.